Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tennessee, Tennessee, There Ain't No Place I'd Rather Be: Part 1

But not really. We both love it very much at home, too and were very excited to return after we had been gone three oI want to start off our summer events by documenting our trip to Tennessee. Tasha and I went for a delayed honeymoon and it proved to be very memorable. First stop: Green Bay Wisconson.


We actually weren't planning on stopping at Lambeau field but it was amazing! I am not a HUGE Packers fan but this is an amazing stop for anyone that enjoys football. FULL of history and everyone was incredibly nice. They were DIE HARD Packer fans, obviously. But a middle aged woman who checked out some stuff we bought couldn't quit telling us the most obscure Packer facts. It was funny. I mean hilarious. It was jilarious. That's a spanish "j". Pronounced with an "h" sound.

Next stop: Chicago!
We had one errand here: to by yierba for Te're're which is loose leaf tea we drink that I picked up on my mission. Delicious and nutritious. We had to wait for the guy to get to his store but he was very nice. And justamente right next door was an Indian Restaurant. It was so yummy. We got some type of spicy lamb and oh my gosh, so good.

I call this shot "inner-city oxymoron." The front says "Clothes & Shoes." I hope there is enough in this picture for it to be ironic without understanding what the front says. Hopefully it is effective.

Here are a few more interesting shots. The first one doesn't really reflect my political opinions, I just think it is interesting.
Next stop, Memphis! Memphis was a beautiful city. It didn't seem too big, either. The first thing we saw as we pulled off the interstate was the Tennessee Titans stadium. It was amazing. This is where we stayed just before Bonaroo. So it was our last taste of civilization before we had to rough it for a week or so. Our highlight of Memphis was eating at the famous Loveless Cafe,
home of Carol Fay Ellison's famous biscuits. We even got our picture taken with her! Look!All those pictures you see are of famous people and not so famous people. They cover practically the whole entrance which is pretty large. She was taking names for the waiting list (the waiting list is usually over an hour but we only had to wait for 15 minutes) and I recognized her from stuff Tasha was looking up on the internet. So I asked her if she'd hang up my picture if I gave it to her. She raised her eyebrows and cocked her head and said, "Why? What you done?" And I said, "I teach middle school in North Dakota," and she said, "Uh, uh. I don't think so," and we all laughed.


Here is another picture of us full of love at Loveless Cafe.






To Be Continued. . . . . . .

No comments: